Monday, May 21, 2012

Eggless Avocado Chicken Salad

One day last week as lunchtime was urgently approaching, I looked in my fridge to find a little bit of this and a little bit of that.  It was time to get creative!  I found a rotisserie chicken that really needed to be used, an avocado, and a lime…now those sounded like they would go together nicely.  I chopped the avocado and chicken, then headed to the pantry for an onion. Now we were getting somewhere!  I added a couple other complementary flavors and the next thing I knew, I had an amazing, guilt-free chicken salad!  You can certainly serve this on bread as a sandwich, but I mixed it up with some leftover brown jasmine rice.  It was SO good!  AND it is allergy-friendly!! No silly mayo to keep my Big Boy from eating it!  I admit, I did a little dance of foodie joy! 

So happy was I of my wonderful creation, I forgot to take a picture before I devoured it.  Perhaps I'll be able to take a picture the next time I make…I'm pretty sure I'll be having this at least once a week.  Until then, here's one of some of the yummy ingredients.



















1 Avocado, diced
1/3 c. Diced Onion
3 Tb Minced Cilantro
1 tsp. Olive Oil
1 Lime, juiced (may need less if your lime is extra juicy)
1/4 tsp. Red Chile Powder (or to taste)
Salt & Pepper, to taste
2 c. Diced Rotisserie Chicken

Combine all ingredients except chicken in a bowl, mashing the avocado.  Stir in chicken and adjust seasonings as needed.  Serve on bread for a sandwich or with brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment